Job Announcement: Child Rights Network Coordinator
Position Title: Child Rights Network Coordinator
Location: Mostly House of Representatives, Senate, other cities
Timeframe: 17 months, subject to midterm review and evaluation
Date covered: February 2023 to June 2024
- Serve as link between the CRN convener and member-organizations for information dissemination, planning, monitoring and support of CRN’s advocacy work;
- Build and sustain partnerships with legislators, legislative committees, civil society stakeholders, government agencies and other partners to strategize the passage of identified legislative measures;
- Take a major responsibility in liaising and networking with CRN members;
- Take a major responsibility in facilitating organizational development/capacity building for CRN and its members;
- Represent CRN and act as facilitator and resource person in various meetings and forums relevant to CRN priorities;
- Represent CRN in client-facing activities and assist during donor meetings.
- Take a lead role in the conduct and facilitation of network activities, organizational capacity building and campaign actions;
- Take a major responsibility in organizing the annual CRN General Assembly, monthly meetings/learning and strategy sessions, and children’s month celebrations;
- Monitor legislative agenda of the network.
- Project Planning
- Organize CRN planning activities, as well as facilitate the review of advocacy plans and/or its modification;
- Lead the conceptualization and writing of programs and project proposals as well as other fundraising endeavors to ensure sustainability of CRN’s advocacy work.
- Review and consolidate reports of CRN focal points and advocacy group leads and provide technical support for quality and presentation;
- Contribute articles to institutional publications;
- Provide timely and accurate reports to the Project Manager regarding the status and performance of programs and activities;
- Perform other functions relevant to CRN (including institutional activities) delegated by the Project Manager.
- Manage and maintain CRN’s social media accounts and website;
- Consolidate and maintain CRN’s calendar of activities;
- Consolidate and maintain CRN’s capacity building program for its members, including a Training Needs Analysis;
- Monitor the movement and support for the bills by attending relevant committee and floor deliberations; gather relevant data including committee composition and copies of bills, participate in technical working groups and conduct of quick political mapping on the issue;
- Coordinate with island group focal persons and advocacy group leads for output monitoring, reporting and documentation of good practices and success stories.
- Basic layout and content development and execution skills.
- Assists in performing other tasks assigned by the CRN Convener that are within the CRN’s scope of operations.
- Skills in policy analysis
- At least three (3) years’ experience in legislative and/or policy advocacy work
- Experience in development work
- Strong background on children’s rights
- College degree relevant to the post
- Outstanding interpersonal and networking skills demonstrated by the ability to develop strong and effective relations with CRN members, legislators, congressional and legislative staff and partners in the government, academe, private sector and civil society
- Excellent and effective team player with a strong results orientation, a high degree of adaptability and practicality, yet also able to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Experienced in preparing, reviewing and packaging reports
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and Filipino
- Experience of working in an international development organization (desirable)
- Familiarity with maintaining calendars, databases and contacts
- Experience in facilitating workshops, round-table and public relations events
Interested applicants may send their CV and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Address your communication to Mr. Romeo Dongeto, Executive Director, PLCPD Foundation Inc. (Child Rights Network Convener).
Application deadline: 5 February 2023